Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Two Years Ago

Two years ago today, I walked into New Life Church for my first of many Sunday morning gatherings.  I sat among thousands of people, listened to unfamiliar songs, and watched in awe as this church body openly and freely moved, danced, and sang.  I felt the Spirit's confirmation, as the pastor preached on the armor of God, a passage of scripture I had spent the summer reflecting on.

Two years ago today, was the day before classes started.  I had lunch with my new, soon to be, host mom...the invitation to stay with them had not come yet.  We ate mexican food and shared more of our stories.

Two years ago today, I curled up in a Panera booth in the evening, with a bowl of cheddar broccoli soup and facebook pulled up on my laptop.  I felt the excitement of this new beginning while trying to suppress the feelings of homesickness and fear of facing this completely new journey.

It's amazing how those first few days in Colorado are impressed upon my heart and memories.  I don't have that day written down anywhere, but when I realized the date and thought back to where I was, the pictures and conversations flooded back in.  Tomorrow will be two years since I met some of the most awesome worship leaders who made the journey of that year with me.  Darci, Ryan, Charlie, Adam, John, Kia......and so many more imprinted on my heart.

Two years later and I feel I am still at the beginning of this adventure that is worship leading.  I am learning new things everyday about God, His love and goodness, who He is making me to be, and the people He has called me to serve.  It is beautiful and hard. I am still often homesick, and certainly have many times of forced bravado....but I trust Him.  He has brought me this far...He will not abandon me yet. Not ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment